Reservation Terms and Conditions
Cork & Canvas offers a fun night out for adults, and our studio maintains an adult atmosphere during public classes where alcohol is consumed. For this reason, no children 13 or under will be admitted (with the exception of specifically labeled Kids Camp/parties or Family Day classes if made available at some point in the future). Due to the tools used and the stain, infants and children under the age of 13 are not permitted in our studio while a workshop is being held. If a participant brings an infant or child, they will be ask to rebook for a different workshop when they can attend ‘child’ free and enjoy the experience fully.
13-17 year olds may attend when accompanied by a guardian, and 18+ are welcome to join our classes at their own discretion. For children under the age of 13, we do offer the ability to book private children or teens parties! Contact us for more information.
Texas law maintains that a person must be 21 and up to consume alcohol.
A reservation for one or more seats in the canvas painting class may be canceled and refunded within 24 hours of making the reservation.
A reservation may be transferred to another class, or placed on hold for future use, if at least 24 hours' notice is received before you scheduled class time. The credit must be used within 30 days.
Due to the custom nature of our custom wood sign classes, registration fees are non-refundable. Registration cancellations made at least 72 hours in advance of a workshop will be granted a class credit for a future workshop. If you would like to make changes to your project within 72 hours of your workshop, we would be happy to accommodate your request for a $10 stencil re-cut fee, payable upon the start of your workshop. Changes made prior to 72 hours are done free of charge.
Due to staffing, we reserve the right to cancel workshops if attendance is below five (5) attendees
We do not offer refunds or reschedules for no show reservations or with same day or next day notice. If an exception is made the credit must be used within 30 days of notice. No additional reschedules will be made and expiration will not be extended.
I understand that I will use and/or be exposed to drills, hammers, mallets, nails, sand paper, paint and oil based stains during our custom wood sign workshops. I agree to be responsible for any damages to Cork & Canvas' tools, equipment or facilities, to the extent and in the percentage I cause such damages.
I recognize there may be certain inherent risks in participating in Cork & Canvas workshops. I agree to take precautions and observe all Cork & Canvas policies, recommendations, directions, rules and warnings; whether provided orally or in writing. I assume full responsibility for personal injury to myself.
I further agree to release and discharge Cork & Canvas for any injury, loss or damage that may arise out of my participation in Cork & Canvas workshops or my presence in Cork & Canvas facilities whether caused by me, Cork & Canvas or any third party.
I agree to indemnify and defend Cork & canvas against all claims, causes of action, damages, judgments costs or expenses including reasonable attorney’s fees and other litigation costs which may in any way arise from my participation in Cork & Canvas workshops or my presence in Cork & Canvas facilities.
I HAVE READ THE CORK & CANVAS POLICIES AND THIS SAFETY WAIVER AND UNDERSTAND THEM. I FURTHER UNDERSTAND THAT BY CHECKING THE “ACCEPT POLICIES” BOX, I VOLUNTARILY SURRENDER CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS THAT I MIGHT OTHERWISE HAVE.
Class seating is determined in advance to ensure a quick, efficient check in experience. Please utilize the seating request field on your check out screen to identify any class members who register separately but should be included at your table. If you have any other seating factors to consider (left handed painters, wheel chair access, etc) all attempts will be made to accommodate your requests.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING?
No restrictions on food or drink; wine, beer and/or liquor is welcome in addition to non-alcoholic drinks. Guests are also invited to bring along snacks and appetizers to enjoy during class. We practice the honor system in our studio and guests are not expected or required to share food and drink with anyone outside your own reservation or group.
WHAT DOES CORK & CANVAS PROVIDE?
In attending a public class you will find aprons, plastic cups, corkscrews, ice and ice tubs, paper plates and napkins, all available for your use while in the studio. All the supplies and materials necessary to complete your painting are included in the seat price.
Photographs will be taken during class as convenience to our patrons, and may be displayed on the internet or in print so that friends, family and colleagues can share your Cork & Canvas experience. If you see a photograph that you do not wish to be displayed, please contact the studio and the photo will be promptly removed.
We can't wait to see you painting!
Website Terms and Conditions of Use
2. Proprietary Rights
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, Cork & Canvas owns, solely and exclusively, all rights, title and interest in and to the Site, all the content (including, but not limited to, audio, photographs, illustrations, graphics, other visuals, video, copy, text, and software), code and date on the Site, including, but not limited to, any copyrights, trademark rights, patent rights, database rights and other intellectual property and proprietary rights therein (collectively, the “Materials”). Your use of the Site does not grant to You ownership of the Materials that You may access on or through the Site.
3. Use License
* Modify the Materials or copy the Materials more than one (1) time;
* Use the Materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
* Attempt to decompile or reverse engineer the Materials;
* Remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the Materials; or
* Transfer the Materials to any other person, or “mirror” the Materials on any other server.
4. Chargeback Policy
All references to a “chargeback” refer to a reversal of a credit or debit card charge placed on the Sites and/or at the Services initiated by You. There is no reason for a chargeback to ever be filed. If You feel that Your credit or debit card was used fraudulently on the Sites or at the Services, please contact Cork & Canvas for immediate resolution.
YOU AGREE THAT YOU WILL NOT CHARGEBACK ANY AMOUNTS CHARGED TO YOUR CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD ON THE SITES OR AT THE SERVICES. IF YOU CHARGEBACK A CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD CHARGE FOR A PAYMENT INITIATED BY YOU OR ANY AUTHORIZED USER OF THE CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD, YOU AGREE THAT CORK & CANVAS MAY RECOVER THE AMOUNT OF THE CHARGEBACK IN ADDITION TO FEES BY ANY MEANS DEEMED NECESSARY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, RECHARGING YOUR CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD OR HAVING THE AMOUNT RECOVERED BY A COLLECTION AGENCY.
THE MATERIALS ON THE SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”. CORK & CANVAS MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, AND HEREBY DISCLAIMS AND NEGATES ALL OTHER WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OR OTHER VIOLATION OF RIGHTS. FURTHER, CORK & CANVAS DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS CONCERNING THE ACCURACY, LIKELY RESULTS, OR RELIABILITY OF THE USE OF THE MATERIALS ON THE SITE OR ON ANY SITES LINKED TO THE SITE.
IN NO EVENT, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE, SHALL CORK & CANVAS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OF ANY KIND OR CHARACTER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF DATA OR PROFIT, OR DUE TO BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE OR THE MATERIALS ON THE SITE, EVEN IF CORK & CANVAS HAS BEEN NOTIFIED ORALLY OR IN WRITING OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
8. Revisions and Errata
The Materials appearing on the Site may include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Cork & Canvas does not warrant that any of the Materials on the Site are accurate, complete, or current. Cork & Canvas may make changes to the Materials contained on the Site at any time without notice. Cork & Canvas does not, however, make any commitment to update the Materials.
Cork & Canvas has not reviewed all of the websites linked to the Site and is not responsible for the content of any such linked websites. The inclusion of any link to a website does not imply endorsement by Cork & Canvas of such website, and the use of any such linked web site is at Your own risk.
11. Governing Law
Last updated December 28, 2018
This Policy does not apply to websites and services that display or link to different privacy statements. Websites and services co-branded with other partners may display or link to a joint privacy statement or separate privacy statements of Cork & Canvas’ partners in addition to our Policy.
What Type of Information Does Cork & Canvas Collect?
Personal Information of the Customer that may be collected by Cork & Canvas may include:
* Name, postal address, phone number and e-mail address;
* Birthday and anniversary dates, if the Customer elects to provide it;
* What goods or services were bought, and where and how frequently the Customer bought the goods or services, if bought through Cork & Canvas’ Services or Sites;
* Device identification, location, and Services near and visited by the Customer, if using a mobile device;
* Written reviews submitted by the Customer to any of the Sites or to any third-party website or service;
* Customer’s likeness and/or voice, if photographed or recorded by Cork & Canvas during Customer’s use of the Sites and/or Services; and
* Demographic information and information regarding subjects that may interest the Customer, if the Customer took a survey or interacted with Cork & Canvas in any way.
* Allow “Like” and “Share” buttons to work; and
* Collect Online Use Information about the Customer’s browsing habits and share it with other websites, which then can display advertising that is more relevant to the Customer.
Cork & Canvas may use web beacons (electronic images) or local shared objects (Flash cookies) on the Sites or in emails to deliver cookies, count visits, understand Customer usage, campaign effectiveness and to recognize whether an email has been opened and acted upon. Personal information cannot be collected via cookies and other tracking technology; however, Online Use Information can be tied to a Customer’s cookies.
The Customer may choose to remove or reject cookies, but doing so will affect many features or services on the Sites. Cork & Canvas may also collect aggregated data or anonymized data that does not directly identify the Customer. Cork & Canvas may combine information collected about the Customer with information received from third parties.
How Does Cork & Canvas Use Information About the Customer?
Cork & Canvas may use information about the Customer for purposes described in this Policy, or disclosed on the Sites or during the Services. For example, Cork & Canvas may use information about the Customer to:
* Process and manage the Customer’s purchase and use of Cork & Canvas products and Services, including accounts and program participation;
* Respond to customer service inquiries, post Customer comments or statements on any blog or online forum maintained on the Sites, or take other actions in response to the Customer’s inquiries or other Site activities;
* Create personalized promotions by combining the Customer’s personal information with non-personal information, such as the amounts and types of purchases made or any benefits received through the Services;
* Communicate with the Customer about orders or purchases, accounts, participating in the Services, participating in any contest or sweepstakes, and any requests for information;
* Communicate with the Customer about the Cork & Canvas brands, products, events or other promotional purposes, including co-branded offers and affiliate and partner offers; and
* Reproducing, exhibiting, publishing, or distributing photographs or recordings of the Customer’s use of the Sites and/or Services.
The Customer agrees that Cork & Canvas may use the information about the Customer collected in accordance with this Policy in its sole discretion. No compensation will be paid to the Customer or any other person as a result of Cork & Canvas use of such information. The Customer waives any right to inspect or approve the information or Cork & Canvas’ use of such information, whether the collection of information or the manner in which such information was or is to be used was known or unknown to the Customer. The Customer releases Cork & Canvas from all claims, demands and liabilities whatsoever in connection with or related to personal information collected under this Policy.
Does Cork & Canvas Share Personal Information with Third Parties?
Cork & Canvas shares personal information with third parties in limited ways by:
* Sharing personal information about the Customer with others with the Customer’s consent;
* Sharing information with companies that provide support services to Cork & Canvas (such as credit card processors, mailing houses or website hosts) and that help market the products and Services (such as email vendors). These companies may use information about the Customer to perform their functions on behalf of Cork & Canvas;
* Sharing personal information posted on the Sites with other forum participants and Site visitors if the Customer participates in any blog or online forum on the Sites;
* Sharing photographs or recordings of the Customer’s use of the Sites and/or Services for the purposes of documenting such use and/or marketing and publicizing the Sites and/or Services; and
* In the event of a merger, acquisition, financing, or sale of assets, or any other situation involving the transfer of some or all of the business assets,Cork & Canvas may disclose personal information to those involved in the negotiation or transfer.
What Choices Does Cork & Canvas Offer About Personal Information?
Cork & Canvas allows the Customer to update or change personal information as well as communication methods by Cork & Canvas to the Customer. To request a change, the Customer can follow the opt-out instructions in promotional emails.
If the Customer opts-out of receiving promotional communications, Cork & Canvas may still send non-promotional communications, including emails about the Customer’s accounts and ongoing business relations.
How is Personal Information Secured?
Cork & Canvas takes reasonable steps to maintain appropriate physical, technical and administrative security to help prevent loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of Customers’ personal information.
While we take these reasonable efforts to safeguard personal information, no system or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Questions and Feedback
Cork & Canvas welcomes your questions, comments and concerns about privacy.
Cork & Canvas can be contacted by phone at (936) 577-4493, or by postal mail at Cork & Canvas, 2703 Sam Houston Ave, Huntsville, TX 77340
© Cork & Canvas 2019 | All Rights Reserved.